Re: [AMBER] Regarding running PME simulation on GPU

From: Ross Walker <ross.rosswalker.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2012 04:41:49 -0700

Hi Vinod,

> I have installed amber11 + amber tools 1.5 with cuda and gnu compiler.
> applied all
> bugfixes for AT and Amber11. I have installed serial version of Amber.
> Nvidia cuda card is C2050.
> While running test all gb test case were successfully passed but for
> "4096wat" directory which explicit PME test case
> I am getting following error
> cd 4096wat/ && ./Run.pure_wat -1 SPDP netcdf.mod
> cudaMemcpyToSymbol: SetSim copy to cSim failed the launch timed out and
> was
> terminated
> ./Run.pure_wat: Program error

My guess would be that your cuda toolkit does not match with the driver you
are using. Try getting the very latest 4.2 toolkit and latest development
driver (remove the old toolkit from your machine to avoid any unintended
clashes) and then do a full rebuild of AMBER from scratch.

All the best
Ross

/\
\/