Re: [AMBER] A small point of confusion in 3DRISM outfiles

From: Tyler Luchko <tluchko.rutgers.edu>
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2012 08:48:53 -0400

Hi Dan,

The first number in 'solute_epot' is the total potential energy, including the solvation free energy. This is the sum of the remaining terms. If you are using rism3d.snglpnt, a key will be printed near the top of the file and this will list all of the terms in solute_epot.

Tyler

On 2012-06-13, at 5:54 AM, Daniel Sindhikara wrote:

> When analyzing the energetic breakdown of 3DRISM output files I noticed
> that in the "solute_epot" line,
> the 3D-RISM excess chemical potential is included in the total. Should this
> be included in the "solute internal energy"
> term (solute_epot)? It caused a bit of confusion when I was calculating
> some binding free energies. This is obviously
> just a naming issue not really a bug but it could possibly confuse people.
>
> Sorry for the pedantry..
>
> -Dan

Tyler Luchko
Postdoctoral Associate