Re: [AMBER] Value of internal dielectric constant ? for per residue decomposition free energy calculation using MMGBSA method

From: Jignesh Patel <jbp087.gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2012 22:46:57 +0530

Dear Jason,

Thank you for your kind reply. I know that it is impossible for me to
defend intdiel = 10. Actually I increased its value by 1 and I found that
around 10 it gives reasonable favourable free energy. I also found that
other important hydrophobic residues free energy increased at intdiel = 10
but they are in favourable region.

One more thing is that my protein is membrane protein so can I reduce
external dielectric constant? Or is there any way can I assign
transmembrane region low dielectric constant compare to remaining part?

I will also go for pair wise residue interaction energy.

Thanking you.

With regards,
Jignesh Patel
JNU,