Re: [AMBER] Problems installing AmberTools12 on Ubuntu

From: Adam Jion <adamjion.yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 7 Jun 2012 19:32:29 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Jason,

I managed to install Amber12Tools on my Ubuntu 11.1 machine

Here's what I did:

1. logged in as a superuser
2. Used a version of Python stored on a local folder instead of the root directory

I'm not sure if 1 or 2 did the trick, but I'm not complaining :-)

Anyway, thanks for your help.

Adam

ps. It could be that the previous Python versions had problems relating to 32/64 bit architecture or single/double precision compatibility with Openmm/fftw. But this is highly speculative.