Re: [AMBER] Fwd: Fwd: problem with running equilibration MD in an LES system

From: Sajeewa Pemasinghe <sajeewasp.gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 4 Jun 2012 13:15:21 -0400

Hi,

Yes the restart file is from an MD run of the same system. What I am doing
is

1) Placing 50 copies (initiallly 100 and then reduced to 50) of ammonia at
a particular position in the protein using addles
2) Neutralizing and then minimizing the system
3)Heating up to 300K in 10ps (50 kcalmol-1A-2 force constant with shake)
4)Removing the constraints step by step in 20ps
5)Running unconstrained production MD for 200ps

At each step the restart file of the previous step is used. In the heating
up the temperature goes up as expected. Then when I use the restart file
generated at the end of the heating up step (which has a force constant of
50 kcalmol-1A-2) and use it to run MD in NVT ensemble using a Berendson
thermostat (I tried Langevin as well, separately but with the same result)
the system temperature behaves as I described earlier. I have run Non-LES
MD with the same conditions before (with shake) but this kind of ups and
downs in temperature were not seen.

Thank you

Sajeewa