Re: [AMBER] how to change the namme of the terminal OXT so that it can be recoginized by MOLMOL

From: <steinbrt.rci.rutgers.edu>
Date: Mon, 4 Jun 2012 03:25:58 -0400 (EDT)

Hi,

> Will you please tell me how to rename the C-terminal residue atom OXT so
> that the OXT oxygen can be recognized by MOLMOL?

how do you interface to MOLMOL? If you use Amber to produce a pdb-file,
you could just change the names in there by hand. If you read prmtop files
directly, you may have to search for OXT in the .top file and change it
there. Amber (or at least leap) itself is set to use its predefined atom
names which would be difficult to change.

Thomas

Dr. Thomas Steinbrecher
formerly at the
BioMaps Institute