[AMBER] Trouble calculating free energy

From: bmartini <bmartini.ibt.unam.mx>
Date: Sat, 02 Jun 2012 08:43:14 -0500

 Hello Thomas and Aldo

 Thanks for your advices, I have just solved the problem by choosing as
 complex the system on which I wanted to perform the calculation. For
 example, although my complex is a dimer with two ligands, I only took
 into account the first monomer with its ligand to run the
 extract_coords.mmpbsa script and then binding_energy.mmpbsa.

 Best regards

 Hello everyone
  I have experienced some troubles calculating the free energy between a
 protein with two receptors and two ligands, each one bounded to its
 respective receptor. I have followed a tutorial in which the free energy
 is performed using mm_pbsa.pl on amber´s web site, but they are intended
 to deal with systems where you have a receptor and a ligand. I
 understand that some changes have to be done in the
 extract_coords.mmpbsa and binding_energy.mmpbsa in order to get the
 separated energy contribution for each receptor and its ligand. Could
 anyone give me a hand?

 You need to be more precise about what you actually want to calculate.
 The
 binding free energy of two ligands can be computed in MMPBSA by setting
 both of them as LIGAND and the rest of the system (a protein with two
 binding sites I guess?) as RECEPTOR. You would not need to make changes
 in
 the code for that, I assume.

 Alternatively, you could compute the binding energy of either ligand in
 the presence or absence of the other one (Removing the second one or
 including it with RECEPTOR). Cooperativity between the ligands will
 make
 the sum of both binding energies different from the binding energy of
 both
 of them.

 Hello Thomas