Re: [AMBER] Fwd: problem with running equilibration MD in an LES system

From: David A Case <case.biomaps.rutgers.edu>
Date: Fri, 1 Jun 2012 11:42:19 -0400

On Fri, Jun 01, 2012, Sajeewa Pemasinghe wrote:

> The problem is the temperature at which the heating up ends is 300K. So the
> next step should start at 300K and because I have used a heat bath, should
> ideally stick around 300K. But what happens is that the next step
> (equilibration) starts at 200K

Sounds like you have a problem that cannot be debugged remotely. Look
carefully at all the energies in the last step of the previous run and the
first step of the restart (using ntpr=1). Maybe that will help you hone in on
what is happening. Double-check all your file names, and all the parameters
in the mdin file, to make sure they are the same from one run to the next.

....dac