[AMBER] chloride ions outside the box

From: Francesco Pietra <chiendarret.gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 1 Jun 2012 10:53:26 +0200

hello:
I am preparing prmtop/inpcrd for a protein in a tip3 water box with ca
0.6M NaCl. Ambertools12.

I used concanavalin-derived parameters for the Ca(II) ions present and
frcmod.ionsjc_tip3 for the monovalent and water.

The protein was first solvated (TIP3PBOX 12 0.5), then neutralized
(Na+ 0), and finally

addions x Na+ 200
addions x Cl- 200

Numerous Cl- ions (and only them) are seen outside the box.

The max distance of the Cl- ions from the box sides is about 10A (the
box vdw is 85 85 80)

I am aware of old and recent similar issues on the list, and about the
limit of the parameterization of Ca(II). I am wondering whether there
are new fixes or suggestions about (and whether the ensemble, as such,
could be run on NAMD; unfortunately, I have GPU access with NAMD only
and, to spare on the electricity bill, the large CPU cluster is no
more in use).

Thanks for advice.