[AMBER] MMPBSA_Error: Could not find necessary program [sander]

From: Cao Yang <muxiachuixue.163.com>
Date: Fri, 1 Jun 2012 15:58:05 +0800 (CST)

Hi all,

I installed AMBER11 and AmberTools 12 with all bugfix. In order to combine AMBER11 with AmberTools 12, I did the following commands before running MMPBSA.py:

export AMBERHOME=/home/Amber/amber12
export PATH=$PATH:$AMBERHOME/bin:/home/Amber/amber11/bin

But MMPBSA aborted in my decompostion analysis with the error below:
MMPBSA_Error: Could not find necessary program [sander]

The reason may be that MMPBSA could not find sander in /home/Amber/amber12/bin.
But I have added "AMBERHOME/bin:/home/Amber/amber11/bin" to my environment. Won't MMPBSA search sander in /home/Amver/amber11/bin? That confused me. This time, I just copy sander from /home/Amber/amber11/bin to /home/Amber/amber12/bin. And the job runs smoothly.

My question is: since I have defined the environment here, why did MMPBSA ignore sander in /home/Amber/amber11/bin and only search it in /home/Amber/amber12/bin?

Many thanks!

Cao Yang,
Zhejiang University