Re: [AMBER] Heme force field

From: Yue <yang.qtp.gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 31 May 2012 18:40:10 -0700

Hello Hassan,

Dr. Cheatham's parameters for heme, as Mark suggested, work great for me. But the problem you experienced appear to be another story, as LeaP unable to recognize the atom type given in the parameter files. If my memory serves, the Bryce Group parameter use different atom types as AMBER people usually do, e.g. they use atom type (not atom name) of NP (or ND?) which rarely used in AMBER force fields. That's probably the cause of your problem.

Try Mark's suggestion, if you still want to stick to Bryce's one, modify the atom type properly or use add 'missing' atom types accordingly using 'addatomtypes' command in LeaP.

Good luck,
Yue