Re: [AMBER] problem with solute that breaks up

From: Massimiliano Porrini <M.Porrini.ed.ac.uk>
Date: Thu, 31 May 2012 12:55:15 +0100

Thanks Jason,

Actually I had already tried to center the solute unit by unit like this
(and you almost guessed well the units decomposition of my solute ;-) ):

trajin complex_dyn.mdcrd
center :1-14 mass origin
image origin center familiar
center :1-54 mass origin
image origin center familiar
center :1-95 mass origin
image origin center familiar
trajout complex_dyn.imaged.netcdf netcdf

But no luck even with this centering/re-imaging.

As Thomas pointed out (and I must agree) there is a problem
in generating the trajectory, in that if my units belong to the same molecule
(i. e. solute) they are not supposed to separate during the wrapping;
given that I have properly
"hacked" the topology file.
And, in doing this, I have simply followed a "recipe" posted by
Carlos Simmerling a while ago in this mailing list.

By the way, I am going to send Thomas my files off list and let's see
if we can get this issue sorted out.

Thanks again.
Max