[AMBER] problem with solute that breaks up

From: Massimiliano Porrini <M.Porrini.ed.ac.uk>
Date: Wed, 30 May 2012 13:46:16 +0100

Hi all,

After having "hacked" the topology file of my system,
so that to have the protein (which is actually a dimer) and the ligand
belonging to the same solute molecule,
I still see them breaking up (both the two monomers and the ligand)
when the complex (i.e. solute) reaches the borders of the simulation box.

I have also post-processed the trajectory centering and imaging the
system (the solute has 95 residues) with the following commands:

trajin complex_dyn.mdcrd

center :1-95 mass origin
image origin center familiar

trajout complex_dyn.imaged.netcdf netcdf

But still the solute (complex) breaks up.

Any idea/hint about this behaviour would be really appreciated.
Thank you in advance.

Best wishes,

--
Dr Massimiliano Porrini
Institute for Condensed Matter and Complex Systems