Re: [AMBER] MM-PBSA ATP binding

From: Bill Miller III <brmilleriii.gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 22 May 2012 21:16:42 -0400

By default, MMPBSA.py strips out all water and ions from the trajectory
file (default strip_mask=“:WAT:Cl-:CIO:Cs+:IB:K+:Li+:MG2:Na+:Rb+"). I
assume that some of your ions that are in your receptor (and possibly
ligand) prmtop are being stripped out by MMPBSA.py and thus your receptor
prmtop does not match the receptor trajectory file created by MMPBSA.py.
This kind of inconsistency would lead to the "nan" values you are seeing in
the results file. In this case, you should specify strip_mask explicitly in
your MMPBSA.py input to strip the correct residues, so as to keep all ions
that you want to consider with your MM-PBSA calculation.

I hope that helps.

-Bill

Bill Miller III
Quantum Theory Project,