Re: [AMBER] sander error in the decomposed MMGBSA using Ambertools12 and Amber11

From: Qiong Zhang <qiong.zhang.qzh.gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 22 May 2012 10:28:53 -0400

Thank you Bill !
I did what you suggested, and it works well for decomposed MMGBSA.
But for decomposed MMPBSA, there is another problem. I searched the mailing
list, and it is the same as the one reported by Jason before.
http://dev-archive.ambermd.org/201002/0017.html

File generated by MMPBSA.py
&cntrl
 cut=999.0, nsnb=99999, ntb=0,
 ipb=2, imin=5,
 idecomp=1, inp=2, igb=10,
/
&pb
 maxitn=1000, fillratio=4.0, radiopt=0,
/
Residues considered as REC
RRES 2 36
END
Residues considered as LIG
LRES 1 1
END
Residues to print
RES 1 2
END
END

And the sander mdout errors:
   1. RESOURCE USE:

| Flags:
 PB Info in pb_read(): igb has been overwritten by ipb
 PB Bomb in pb_read(): use of radi other than vdw sigma for
 np solvation dispersion/cavity is not supported!

Prof. Ray Luo suggested to use pbsa instead of sander. Is it still a
problem with the present use of Ambetools12 ? (I am using
Amber11/Ambertools12, I am sure this error won't occur to Amber11/AT1.5 for
decomposed MMPBSA.)

Qiong

On Tue, May 22, 2012 at 7:10 AM, Bill Miller III <brmilleriii.gmail.com>wrote:

> [...]
> MMPBSA.py, but I will have to look into it further before to see if it
> affects other processes or not. You will need to modify the file
> $AMBERHOME/AmberTools/src/mmpbsa_py/MMPBSA_mods/calculation.py. Search for
> every instance of the word 'dummy' in that file. There should be six
> instances, all corresponding to the complex, receptor, and ligand
> _MMPBSA_dummy*.inpcrd.1 files with a duplicate of each one. Simply remove
> the ".1" from the end of each one of those, so that file should have
> %sdummycomplex.inpcrd instead of %dummycomplex.inpcrd.1 (once again for the
> complex, receptor, and ligand). Once you have done this, re-compile
> MMPBSA.py by going to $AMBERHOME/AmberTools/src/mmpbsa_py/ and typing 'make
> install.'
>
> This should fix your problem.
>
> -Bill
>

> On Mon, May 21, 2012 at 8:43 PM, Qiong Zhang <qiong.zhang.qzh.gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> Hi Bill,
>>
>> After I remove the dec_verbose variable from the mdin files and rerun it
>> with the -use-mdins as you suggested, the "namelist cntrl error" is solved !
>>
>> But at the end of _MMPBSA_complex_gb.mdout.0 file (see attached), it got
>> this error:
>>
>> " Unit 30 Error on OPEN: _MMPBSA_dummycomplex.inpcrd.1"
>>
>> Is it because _MMPBSA_dummycomplex.inpcrd.1 has not been produced? There
>> are only _MMPBSA_dummy*.inpcrd files. I tried to copy
>> _MMPBSA_dummycomplex.inpcrd to _MMPBSA_dummycomplex.inpcrd.1, and then
>> rerun it , but it did not work. _MMPBSA_dummycomplex.inpcrd.1 will be
>> removed.
>>
>> Could you please suggest what I should do to solve this prolem? Great
>> thanks!
>>
>> Qiong
>>

>> On Fri, May 18, 2012 at 3:46 PM, Bill Miller III <brmilleriii.gmail.com>wrote:
>>
>>> I ran the calculation and got the following error message written to the
>>> screen:
>>>
>>> Error opening unit 30: File "_MMPBSA_dummyreceptor.inpcrd.1" is missing
>>> or unreadable
>>>
>>> Did you see something like this, also? Something similar was also at the
>>> end of the mdout file.
>>>
>>> Once I fixed this bug the calculation ran just fine for me. Let me know
>>> if
>>> this is actually your problem and I will let you know how to fix it.
>>>
>>> -Bill
>>>
>>> On Fri, May 18, 2012 at 3:14 PM, Qiong Zhang <qiong.zhang.qzh.gmail.com

>>> brmilleriii.gmail.com

>>> input

>>> qiong.zhang.qzh.gmail.com

>>> cannot
>>> file,

>>> in the
>>> what

>>> so it

>>> from
>>> bugfixes

>>> page
>>> > > > > > > >

>>> http://jswails.wikidot.com/installing-ambertools-12-and-older-amber
>>> PATH=$PATH:/home/user/amber12/bin:/home/user/amber11/bin

>>> 352-392-6715