Re: [AMBER] setting gcc compiler

From: Alan <alanwilter.gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 22 May 2012 09:44:01 +0100

Dear Case,

Indeed, I changed configure2 accordingly (for gcc and gfortran) and AT12
worked fine (Tested OK). I have amber11 source but I didn't compile it yet.

#################### gcc #######
gnu)
    […]
    cc=gcc-fsf-4.7
    […]
    cplusplus=g++-fsf-4.7
    […]
    fc=gfortran-fsf-4.7
    […]

Alan

On 22 May 2012 02:02, David A. Case <case.biomaps.rutgers.edu> wrote:

> On Mon, May 21, 2012, Alan wrote:
> >
> > I use Mac Lion and though the scripts to install AT12 had much improved,
> > don't use, for instance, macports, I prefer Fink, and I can't find other
> > way of installing AT12 other than hacking the
> > amber12/AmberTools/src/configure2 file and replacing e.g.:
> >
> > cc=gcc
> >
> > with
> >
> > cc=gcc-fsf-4.7
> >
> > Is there a nicer simpler way?
>
> 1. Presumably, if your $PATH includes a "gcc" that is really "gcc-fsf-4.7",
> no change to config.h would be required. But editing either configure2 or
> the
> resulting config.h file is otherwise required; the latter is probably
> easier.
>
> 2. Be sure that gfortran also points to compiler at the equivalent level,
> e.g. gfortran-fsf-4.7.
>
> 3. Have you got this to work? It would be of interest to know that, since
> you
> are using both Lion and a _very_ recent compiler: gcc4.7 was released after
> the freeze of the AmberTools12 code tree.
>
> ....dac

Alan Wilter SOUSA da SILVA, DSc
Bioinformatician, UniProt - PANDA, EMBL-EBI
CB10 1SD, Hinxton, Cambridge, UK
+44 1223 49 4588