Re: [AMBER] lipid11 force filed question

From: Benjamin D Madej <bmadej.ucsd.edu>
Date: Fri, 11 May 2012 19:21:47 +0000

Hello all, After investigating this issue, here's the summary: The CHARMM-GUI files have a specific atom type and residue naming that can be converted via the charmmlipid2amber.x script. Please note that we found a bug with converting ions in this script. I'm attaching an updated version (v 1.1.1) to this email available for those who need it now. charmmlipid2amber.x converts the file into a format that can be loaded into LEaP that changes the atom names, residue names, the order of the residues within a phospholipid, and adds TER cards. For future reference, the format that can be loaded into LEaP for Lipid11 is as follows: T1 H1 T2 TER T1 H1 T2 TER ... When LEaP saves the prmtop and inpcrd for a Lipid11 structure, the bonds are correct. (We also verified if you use ambpdb to create a pdb from your prmtop and inpcrd, it will create a pdb with the correct TER cards.) Now we found that that there are two "bugs". First, in LEaP, when using the "SavePdb" command on a lipid structure, the format of the created pdb file (which cannot be used by Lipid11): T1 TER H1 TER T2 TER T1 TER H1 TER T2 ... The second issue in ptraj when using the "trajout" command to save a pdb file, the format of the created pdb file is (which cannot be used by Lipid11): T1 H1 T2 T1 H1 T2 ... We're working on contacting the right people to resolve those issues now. Thank you for your interest in Lipid11. Ben Madej Walker Molecular Dynamics Lab