Re: [AMBER] how can we add ACE and NME to to the cap protein terminal?

From: Sajeewa Pemasinghe <sajeewasp.gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 11 May 2012 11:18:28 -0400

I am not very experienced in Amber but here is what I do to add ACE
and NME from
the scratch.

1) Get the PDB
2)Add hydrogens
3)Load into xleap
4)xleap will add OXT terms to ends of chains

5) In adding NME, just remove the OXT oxygen and in that place, put the N
atom of NME (if adding a new atom, atom number is zero. Keep the residue
number as it is)

6) To add ACE groups, from each N terminal, remove two hydrogens bound to N
eg:- H1,H2 or H3
    Then put the ACE carbon atom

7) Now load the file into xleap
    There will be some messages about splitting residues because ACE and
the following amino acids as well as NME and the following amino acids both
have the same residue numbers

8)Some unknown hydrogens will be added into the residue after the ACE.

    * First save the pdb with these added hydrogens
    * Then remove those Hs from the pdb file and load the pdb file again
into xleap

Hope this helps

Thanx

Sajeewa Dewage