Re: [AMBER] Problem with the binding free energy from MMPBSA decomposed energies

From: Qiong Zhang <qiong.zhang.qzh.gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 11 May 2012 10:54:37 -0400

Hi All,

I found this problem (the total energy from adding up the per-residue
decomposed energies deviate far from that in a normal non-decomposed PB
calculation) *happens only when I include explicit water molecules in the
decomposed PB caculations*. And the reason for the problematic PB total
energy from adding up the per-residue decomposed energies is that *all the
decomposed vdw and electrostatic energies for the included water molecules
are all ZERO!* But the sum of the decomposed polar solvation energies and
MM energies are very close to the non-decomposed ones.

I tried it on different systems. And it only happens when there are
explicit water molecules in the decomposed PB calculation. For decomposed
GB calculations, it works fine.

Could anyone shed some light on this issue please?

Great thanks!

Qiong