Re: [AMBER] Quantification of forces

From: <steinbrt.rci.rutgers.edu>
Date: Fri, 11 May 2012 07:32:30 -0400 (EDT)

Hi,

as far as I know, there is no way to print out the forces explicitly
without coding. It would be a minor code change of adding a print
statement for the force array in mdrun, maybe limited to a few atoms of
interest.

If you dont want to do that, a simpler way is printing out the velocities
and computing the forces from them with an awk or perl script. The delta-v
between steps is really just the mass-weighted force on that atom.

Regards,

Thomas

On Fri, May 11, 2012 6:56 am, Soumya Lipsa Rath wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I wanted to know if there is there a way to quantify all the forces that
> are acting on a particular part of my protein (contributed by other amino
> acids and water molecules).
>
> Thanks,
>
> Soumya

Dr. Thomas Steinbrecher