Re: [AMBER] question about cpptraj surf command

From: Daniel Roe <daniel.r.roe.gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 9 May 2012 20:41:29 -0400

This is just how the LCPO algorithm is implemented; you can sort of
think the of the hydrogens as being included within the radii of the
heavy atoms. LCPO is a very approximate algorithm anyway - you may
want to try the 'molsurf' command in cpptraj which uses a more
accurate Connolly-type surface area calc. Try with either the default
settings or set the probe radius to 0 and specify an offset of 1.4.

-Dan