[AMBER] different files for protein-protein complex?

From: Asmita Gupta <asmita4des.gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 9 May 2012 22:39:12 +0530

Dear Users,

I am trying to run a simulation (explicit solvent,counterions) using
Amber11. The file has two different protein chains and a GTP molecule bound
to MG. I referred to the user's manual regarding preparing files for tleap
for such a molecule. It says that parameters for ligand should be specified
separately as an SDF file. Should the two protein chains be kept in
separate files too? Will that make a difference if i separate the two
chains with TER cards instead of keeping them as separate PDB files? I am a
bit confused here.

Asmi