Re: [AMBER] Decoupling of the restrained ligand using Thermodynamic Integration in Amber ?

From: Marek Maly <marek.maly.ujep.cz>
Date: Wed, 09 May 2012 17:43:13 +0200

Thanks Thomas !

I have just the last particular question.

In spite the fact that the very last part of the ligand decoupling from
the receptor (using restraints):

             dAr
(R)s***(L)v----->(R)s + (L)v

(i.e. calculation of the free energy change connected with the
"anihilation" of the restraints
which are applied on already non-interacting (vdw/el) ligand) is possible
to calculate analytically,
I would like to verify it numerically by TI with this setup:

V0 = Receptor + Ligand (in water) where all the ligand atoms are DUMMY
atoms.
Ligand is restrained in V0 with target restraints (defined in the RST file)
(ifsc=0, scmask='', crgmask='')
dvdl_norest=0

V1 = Receptor + Ligand (in water) where all the ligand atoms are DUMMY
atoms.
Ligand is free to move in V1 (no restraints)
(ifsc=0, scmask='', crgmask='')
dvdl_norest=0

    Might it be correct for the given purpose ?

  Thank you very much again !

      Best wishes,

          Marek

http://www.opera.com/mail/