[AMBER] Purchasing -challenged researcher seeks help on GPU purchase

From: David Cowburn <david.cowburn.einstein.yu.edu>
Date: Tue, 8 May 2012 18:50:12 +0000

We very much enjoy using C2050's on a shared system with AMBER, but have a few larger systems which we would like to step up to the 6 Gb of the C2075. We are looking to buy a single GPU workstation, and being less adept than most of this group, would prefer to do so from a single vendor in a package. Most vendors seem able to provide something suitable but won't benchmark with AMBER or do sale-or-return. So any advice on recent purchases and experience with a C2075 containing workstation would be very much appreciated.

David Cowburn