[AMBER] ´ð¸´: add H-atoms automatic in tleap

From: Zhou Gong <zgong.hust.gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 5 May 2012 22:59:16 +0800

Dear David

   I followed your suggestion and use the xleap to deal with the PDB file.
However, another problems are occurred:

   1. after I delete the H atoms and draw the bond between N of K48 and
C-terminus, the xleap show the charge for the total system is not integer
and cannot save prmtop files

   2. after I draw a bond between N of K48 and C-terminus, the new
parameters for the new bonds are lacked in force field, the xleap show " no
torsion terms for O-C-N3-CT, CX-C-N3-CT etc

How do I deal with this?

Thanks for your kindness help

Best Regards!

Your sincerely:

Zhou Gong

---------------------------------

Biomolecular Physics and Modeling Group

Department of Physics

Huazhong University of Science and Technology Wuhan 430074, Hubei China

Ö÷Ìâ: Re: [AMBER] add H-atoms automatic in tleap

On Fri, May 04, 2012, Zhou Gong wrote:

> I would like to perform the MD simulation of ubiquitin dimer (PDB ID:

> 1AAR). In this dimer molecule, the K48 in one molecule form the

> peptide linkage with the C-terminal of the other one.

Simplest(!?!) approach: load in the dimer pdb file in xleap, use the "edit"

command to get a visual window. Use the "erase" button to remove any extra
hydrogens (and the OXT atom in the C-terminal residue, if it is there), use
the "draw" command to add a bond between the N of K48 and the C-terminus,
then save the prmtop in the usual fashion.

....good luck...dac