[AMBER] am1d problem

From: Gabriel Jara <gabriel.fcq.unc.ar.gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 3 May 2012 19:10:38 -0300

Hi,

I am running qmmm calculations using AM1D. The system of interest is a
kinase with one atp molecule and two magnesium cations within a protein
environment. The QM region includes the atp molecule, magnesium cations and
side chain of a threonine, a aspartic and a lysine.

Both in optimization and MD each atom of the QM region starts to move away
from each other. When I did this same thing using DFTB that problem did not
happen.

Also, the mdout show the next message in both optimization and MD.

QMMM: WARNING!
QMMM: Unable to achieve self consistency to the tolerances specified
QMMM: No convergence in SCF after 2000 steps.
QMMM: Job will continue with unconverged SCF. Warning energies
QMMM: and forces for this step will not be accurate.
QMMM: E = -0.8693E+06 DeltaE = -0.5769E+03 DeltaP = 0.1544E+01
QMMM: Smallest DeltaE = 0.3633E-01 DeltaP = 0.1045E+01 Step = 210

In the optimization this message is not showed if i use the keywords
ndiis_attempts=50 ndiis_matrices=10. However the QM structure continue
destroying itself in the optimization.

I attach the mdin file for the optimization.

Thanks in advance.

Gabriel

--
Dr. Gabriel E. Jara