[AMBER] Energy Differences between mmpbsa_py_energy and sander outputs

From: Damodaran, Komath <Komath.Damodaran.elan.com>
Date: Wed, 2 May 2012 13:45:36 -0700

Hi,

I ran a one step, energy calculation using the PB option using
mmpbsa_py_energy and sander in Amber 11 on the same conformation of a
protein-ligand complex.

The mdin files were generated by the MMPBSA.py program using default
parameters .

The output matched for all except the EPB term which differed by about
30kcal/mol (-4452 vs -4489).

I ran a similar test with the GB option on the same conformation. In
this case the output matched for all except for the ESURF term, which
differed by about 12kcal./mol

Could anyone advise me what I am missing here?

Thanks,

Dam

This communication and any files transmitted with it
may contain information that is confidential, privileged
and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. It is
intended solely for the use of the individual or entity
to which it is addressed. If you are not the intended
recipient, you are hereby notified that any use,
dissemination or copying of this communication is
strictly prohibited. If you have received this
communication in error, please notify the sender.
Thank you for your co-operation.