Re: [AMBER] format plotmtv and plotmtv for ubuntu 11.04

From: Jason Swails <jason.swails.gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Feb 2012 17:10:33 -0500

On Thu, Feb 16, 2012 at 10:17 PM, setyanto md <stwahyudi.md.gmail.com>wrote:

> Dear amber user and developer,
>
> I am trying to calculate 2drms with this command :
>
> >> 2Drms out file-output time 2 .C,CA,N
>
> It works well, but I have 2 questions,
> 1. The format of the output is always in .ps (postscript), how to make it
> in plotmtv format ?

I've never used plotmtv (I use gnuplot), but why do you say that 2drms is a
PS file? I thought it was just a data file with numbers?

> 2. I am trying to download plotmtv via ubuntu 11.04, with this command
> line:
> > sudo apt-get install plotmtv
>
> but it said :
> >> Package plotmtv is not available, but is referred to by another package.
> This may mean that the package is missing, has been obsoleted, or
> is only available from another source<<
>
> Is there any new version for plotmtv ?

I doubt you'll get much help here with that question. There's a wide range
of platforms and plotter-preferences in the community. Given that you
haven't gotten a response yet, I'm guessing nobody knows. Your best bet is
Google or plotmtv mailing lists/forums (if such a place exists).

If you want to give gnuplot a try, here's an introduction/tutorial, of
sorts (perhaps more of a reference?) :
http://jswails.wikidot.com/using-gnuplot

HTH,

Quantum Theory Project,