Re: [AMBER] when will Amber 12 be released?

From: Albert <mailmd2011.gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2012 19:10:21 +0100

Hi Ross:

   how nice it is for this coming amber version. I am even cannot help
to wait for it.

   I am just wondering, will the CHARMM 36 would be available in this
new version? Since CHARMM36 is the best FF for nowadays main stream
lipids such as: POPE, POPC and so on. I've got a pieces of advices,
Desmond system builder tools is a very nice tool for membrane system
builder, and it will also improve a lot in the upcoming Schrodinger
based Desmond Version. Probably someone in Amber developer group can
consider make it comparable with the output from Desmond system builder
tool. As far as I know, the lipids name in from Desmond system builder
is different from standard CHARMM FF, but this problem would be fix in
the coming version.

   Interesting, both Amber and Desmond will be released for their new
version this April. I am really looking forward to this special season.

best
Albert