Re: [AMBER] mutation of the one base pair by leap

From: Vlad Cojocaru <vlad.cojocaru.mpi-muenster.mpg.de>
Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2012 08:00:25 +0100

The new beta version of Chimera (not the last stable release) does a very good job mutating DNA bases regardless of purine to purine or purine to pyrimidine and vice versa.

Best,
Vlad
---
Dr. Vlad Cojocaru
Max Planck Institute Muenster
Roentgenstrasse 20,
48149 Muenster, Germany
Tel: +49-251-70365324
Sent from my mobile phone; Sorry for being short and for any errors
case <case.biomaps.rutgers.edu> wrote:
On Tue, Feb 21, 2012, leila karami wrote:

> Since all atoms, except the ones in scmasks must be identical in their
> starting positions and order in the prmtop, I must do mutation by leap. How
> to do mutation by leap. I couldn't find tutorial about my case.
I don't see that this means you have to use LEaP to do the modifications. A
lot depends on where your structures (of either end point) come from. If it
is really just a G->A swap on one side, and C->T on the other, you can use
the visual in editor in LEaP (or lots of other programs) to make a few
changes, then save the pdb files.
...good luck...dac