Re: [AMBER] CUDA version for Amber 11?

From: Ross Walker <ross.rosswalker.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2012 20:37:53 -0800

Hi Ram,

> As for the bug fixes, I decided to start from scratch and install a
> fresh copy of AmberTools and Amber. I was able again to correctly
> install the serial and parallel versions without errors (except for a
> few discrepancies in the test scripts). Unfortunately I get a new set
> of errors when trying to compile the CUDA binaries, that look like
> this:

But did you take that fresh copy and apply all the bugfixes for AMBER and
AMBERTools from the website? - The bugfixes are required for compatibility
beyond cuda 3.2. The procedure is:

1) tar xvjf Amber11.tar.bz2
2) tar xvjf AmberTools-1.5.tar.bz2
3) export AMBERHOME=/path_to/amber11
4) cd $AMBERHOME
5) wget http://ambermd.org/bugfixes/AmberTools/1.5/bugfix.all
6) patch -p0 < bugfix.all
7) rm -f bugfix.all
8) wget http://ambermd.org/bugfixes/11.0/bugfix.all.tar.bz2
9) wget http://ambermd.org/bugfixes/11.0/apply_bugfix.x
10) chmod 700 apply_bugfix.x
11) ./apply_bugfix.x $AMBERHOME/bugfix.all
12) cd $AMBERHOME/AmberTools/src/
13) ./configure gnu
14) make
15) cd ../../
16) cd src
17) make serial

At this point you have the serial (non-GPU) versions of AMBERTools and AMBER

built. Best to test them at this point.

18) cd $AMBERHOME/AmberTools/test/
19) make test

Check the test logs to see if everything worked.

20) cd $AMBERHOME/test
21) make test

Again check the test logs to see if everything worked.

Now we can build the serial GPU code.

22) cd $AMBERHOME/src/
23) make clean
24) cd $AMBERHOME/AmberTools/src/
25) make clean
26) ./configure -cuda gnu
27) cd ../../
28) cd src
29) make cuda

Hopefully this time it should build correctly.

30) cd ../test
31) make test.cuda

All the best
Ross