Re: [AMBER] ions

From: case <case.biomaps.rutgers.edu>
Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2012 21:51:29 -0500

On Mon, Feb 20, 2012, Carlos Romero wrote:

> I am using amber11 and i am trying to simulate factor II with ions such
> mercury and magnesium, my question is: do I should change my pdb file
> adding ions manually or, does exist a force field that contain such ions.
> I'm trying to understand what happens to factor II in presence of such ions.
> for your help thanks

Amber has some rather old magnesium parameters, that might be helpful if the
magnesiums are "structural" and always have the same first coordination shell
of ligands. I don't know of any parameters for mercury -- both the metal and
the methyl forms are highly toxic, so be sure to take appropriate precautions.

...good luck...dac