[AMBER] Polarization and normal Ewald Summation

From: Volker Lesch <volkerlesch.uni-muenster.de>
Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2012 15:06:15 +0100

Hello everybody,

I have a big problem using Sander. I want to start a MD-Simulation with
ipol=1 and ew_type=1. This combination produces an error like "Floating
point exception". I use different inp.crd and prmtop files, but it
crashes every time. If I use ipol=0 oder ew_type=0, then it works fine
and I get no errors. I want to use the Ewald summation because I want to
reproduce data which are produced with these parameters. Is this kind of
error known? Thanks for your help.

Kind regards,
Volker Lesch