Re: [AMBER] problem in getting required snapshots

From: Aron Broom <broomsday.gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2012 16:26:14 -0500

I'm not clear on this whole compressed versus uncompressed thing. It looks
like your input is an uncompressed file, but all your messages refer to a
.gz, which would be an archive. Did you rename your file to have .gz at
the end in order to run that script? That seems odd.

Also as mentioned in the last reply, do the PDBs you got look ok? If those
PDBs look fine then I would say the script is ok, and your file is not.

In the case that it is your file, I would look into the following things:

1) Are you certain (from the mdout file for instance) that the simulation
actually finished? It could be that it crashed after 281 frames.

2) Similar to #1, can you check using a very quick simulation what the size
of say a 10-frame file is, and make sure that your file size matches what
you would expect for 5000-frames? It could be that some information has
been lost from your file.

3) Can you try opening it in VMD instead and see if the same error persists?

4) Are you transferring the file from another machine in order to analyze
it, is it possible that some damage occurs to the file during transfer?

~Aron

Aron Broom M.Sc
PhD Student
Department of Chemistry