Re: [AMBER] Issues with hydrogens using glycam force field in Amber 10

From: Karl N. Kirschner <kkirsch.scai.fraunhofer.de>
Date: Sat, 18 Feb 2012 02:18:11 +0100 (CET)

Hi Tommaso,

  I have encountered a similar problem recently, I don't think it involves the glycam06g force field directly, but something with how xleap (didn't try tleap) interprets the force field when sourcing the protein/dna force field. If you look at the output structure of leap, I think you will see that a few of the hydrogen atoms are incorrectly placed. I corrected this by only loading glycam06 parameters and suppressing the the protein force field loading (i.e. xleap -s -f leap.in). This then gave me the correct spatial structure of the carbohydrate. (I have not tried to reproduce this error using gleap or sleap.) However, if this works for you, then I think you will need to include the ions into glycam sourcing (I am pretty sure their parameters are sourced with the protein force field only, but not 100% sure about that).

Cheers,
Karl