Re: [AMBER] p2n file connectivity issue

From: Steven M. Graham <grahams.stjohns.edu>
Date: Wed, 8 Feb 2012 11:00:48 -0500

Folks:

Because of the atom order in Gaussian '03, I'm forced to use ANTE RED in non-automatic mode and select OFF for atom order. The p2n file I get back looks fine. (If I use automatic mode, where H's must follow their attached heavy atoms, the p2n visualization shows a C=O double bond between C5' and O5' in 2'-dA)

When I submit that p2n file and the G'03 output to RED, the p2n visualization again comes back with C=O bond, but I do get charges and the .pdb and .mol2 visualizations show the (expected) H-O and C-O single bonds.

My question is: does it matter that the p2n file I get back from RED shows a C=O? Does that affect the charge calculation? Can I trust the pdb and mol2 files?

Steve

Steven M. Graham. Ph.D.
Associate Professor
Department of Chemistry