Re: [AMBER] Charge calculation using RESP: MCPB

From: Martin Peters <martin.b.peters.me.com>
Date: Tue, 7 Feb 2012 14:07:54 +0000

Hi Kanika,

Have you applied all the latest bug fixes?

Also, have you looked at the other options corresponding to the chg0, .., chg3.bcl files.
- 0 No constraints
- 1 Heavy Atoms in Backbone (bb_heavy, [ca, n, c, o]) set to parm94 values
- 2 Atoms in Backbone (bb, [ca, h, ha, n, nh, c, o]) set to parm94 values
- 3 Atoms in Backbone plus CB (bbb, [ca, h, ha, n, nh, c, o, cb]) set to parm94 values

Options 2 and 3 may give you more reasonable numbers. BTW, option 2 is used to make the final parameter file.

HTH,
Martin