Re: [AMBER] TI: error in reading namelist cntrl

From: <steinbrt.rci.rutgers.edu>
Date: Tue, 7 Feb 2012 05:36:50 -0500 (EST)

Hi,

> crgmask = "DG9.O6,H1,N2,H21,H22 DC18.N4,H41,H42,H5"

you can't write the crgmask like this. There is a specific format for
writing these masks, Appendix C of the Amber manual has a few examples.

In your case, it would probably look something like this:

(:DG9.O6,H1,N2,H21,H22 | :DC18.N4,H41,H42,H5)

if DG9 and DC18 really are your residue names, which I doubt. You can most
likely just give the residue numbers :9 and :18, *or* the names :DG and
:DC if they are unique (which they normally are not in DNA).

Be careful, since sander will run with any valid chargemask. I think the
output lists all atoms that have their charge stripped, so double-check
these.

Thomas

Dr. Thomas Steinbrecher
formerly at the