Re: [AMBER] Deprotonated Tyrosine

From: Thomas Exner <thomas.exner.uni-konstanz.de>
Date: Sun, 05 Feb 2012 12:21:49 +0100

Dear Francois, Florent, Albert and all other CCLers:

I think I mentioned in my first email that the tyr is coordinating a
heme group. For the heme we plan to use standard parameters. Therefore,
the non integer charge of the Fe should be already considered in the
heme parameters. One big problem is that in the process we are looking
at, the coordination between heme and tyr will be broken. This will
probably also cause the tyr to get protonated. Nevertheless, I would
like to run the MD with the deprotonated tyr, since we first start with
the coordination intact. Probably some more sophisticated simulation
techniques (constant pH or QM/MM) are needed to describe the full
process. But I need to get an idea about the process with a classical MD
first. My hope is that we can separate the unbinding of the heme and the
protonation of the tyr.

If nobody else has parameters for tyr(-), I will try to build the
parameters with RED without including the metal ion. I hope that this
will give the best approximation for both the coordinated as well as the
free tyr(-) (even if this probably does not exists very long).

Any other suggestion is highly welcomed.

Thanks.
Thomas

Dr. Thomas E. Exner
Fachbereich Chemie  und Zukunftskolleg