Re: [AMBER] Amber11 Installation Error

From: case <case.biomaps.rutgers.edu>
Date: Sat, 4 Feb 2012 10:07:08 -0500

On Sat, Feb 04, 2012, Hirdesh Kumar wrote:

> I am trying to install Amber11 with AmberTool1.5. While installing the
> parallel version i got following error:
>

> Error: a serial version of libFpbsa.a must be built before parallel build.
> make[2]: *** [libFpbsa.parallel] Error 2
> make[2]: Leaving directory
> `/home/bioschool/AMBER-11/amber11/AmberTools/src/pbsa'
> make[1]: *** [libpbsa] Error 2
> make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/bioschool/AMBER-11/amber11/src/sander'
> make: *** [parallel] Error 2
>
> I googled the term and found that I need to install the Amber in serial
> first. But I have already installed Amber11 and AmberTools1.5 in serial
> successfully and now I am moving to parallel installation. Kindly let me
> know how can i get rid of this issue.

Was the serial install in the same location? I'd go ahead and do what the
message suggests: rebuild the serial version (pbsa only should be fine), then
try again.

I'c cc-ing this to Ray and Qin: we really need to get the pbsa build process
cleaned up for the next release (i.e. right away). There should be no use
of the same library or *.o names with different contents (e.g. parallel
versions should always have MPI in the name), and there should be no
requirement to build serial first. Also, the manual should be clear about
when parallel pbsa calculations are done: my understanding(?!?) is that
sander.MPI does not do the pbsa part in parallel; if so, this (and similar
items) should be documented.

...thanks....dac