Re: [AMBER] regarding QM/MM simulation

From: Marc van der Kamp <marcvanderkamp.gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 3 Feb 2012 12:29:26 +0000

Hi Vinod,

I don't think there will be DFTB parameters for ruthenium any time soon
(but I could be wrong!). Ask the DFTB guys - i.e. Markus Elstner if you
want to know for sure and perhaps work on getting parameters, which would
be an extensive project.

Interfacing AMBER11 with Gaussian may be a better option (but realize that
calculations will be slow, because you'll need methods - e.g. B3LYP - that
are much more expensive than semi-empirical ones).
Adrian Roitberg (or Ben Roberts?) may well chime in here, but they've
worked on making a Amber11/Gaussian interface using PUPIL, see
http://pupil.sourceforge.net and their paper:
  A versatile AMBER-Gaussian QM/MM interface through
PUPIL.<http://www3.interscience.wiley.com/journal/117910767/abstract>
J.
Torras, G. M. Seabra, E. Deumens, S.B. Trickey and A.E. Roitberg. Journal
Computational Chemistry, 29, (2008) 1564-1573.

--Marc