[AMBER] Constant pH

From: George Tzotzos <gtzotzos.me.com>
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2012 13:26:04 +0100

Hi everybody,

I'm dealing with a protein in which the C-terminal end forms a lid over the binding site. I has been proposed that this lid is acid labile and that at low pH it "uncovers" the binding pocket thus releasing the bound ligand.

My question is whether the constant pH in method in combination with conventional MD as implemented in Sander is appropriate to study whether this hypothesis is right?

I'm asking this before going into a wild goose chase. Any suggestions will be most welcome.

Many thanks in advance for any advice.

George