[AMBER] Splitting cyclic molecule into QM and MM parts

From: Dmitry Nilov <nilovdm.gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2012 16:12:33 +0300

Dear Amber community!

I want to split a cyclic molecule into quantum mechanics (QM) and
molecular mechanics (MM) parts during QM/MM MD simulation (with the
use of semiempirical methods incorporated into Amber10 Sander module)
as depicted in the attached file. But I am not shure that such a
partitioning is acceptable. Are there any known problems related to
splitting a cycle into QM and MM regions?

Thanks in advance and excuse me for this off-topic question!

--
Dmitry Nilov
Faculty of Bioengineering and Bioinformatics,