Re: [AMBER] free energy calculation: turn off the VDW interaction between ligand and protein

From: <steinbrt.rci.rutgers.edu>
Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2012 10:43:28 -0500 (EST)

Hi,

> So I was simply wondering if in the case of setting dvdl_norest = 1 (which
> prevent from including restraint contribution to dV/dl)
> is all what I have to do to filter-out the restraint influence to dG_dec

That would be all you need to do in *that* step of the calculation. The
analytical correction does not have any connection to this, but is a
separate step (without MD simulation) you probably have to do. This part
would indeed be the correction for restraining translation and rotation in
vacuum, as discussed by Roux et al. You may also have to include a
correction for indistinguishable microstates when restraining a symmetric
molecule, as discussed by David Mobley et al.

Kind Regards,

Thomas

Dr. Thomas Steinbrecher
formerly at the