[AMBER] amber hangs on minimization

From: Jorgen Simonsen <jorgen589.gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2012 10:04:08 +0100

Hi,

I have one protein structure where I have to change a residue and need
the same amount of water molecules for each simulation - so I solvate
one and then make a pdb file changing the residues' properties when I
do the minimization amber does not produce any output but just
"hangs". I have look into the generation of the prmtop and inpcrd
files and I do not get any error messages there. I get warnings on how
close the atoms are together. I do not know how to debug the problem
with the new prmtop/inpcrd. My minimization looks like this

Minimization of water
 &cntrl
  imin = 1,
  maxcyc = 10000,