[AMBER] Problem with magnesium ions using FF10 in leap

From: Jesper Sørensen <jesorensen.ucsd.edu>
Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2012 08:05:56 -0800

Hi All,

I am trying to create my system using tleap, but I am an errors regarding a magnesium ion.

When in the PDB file it is called
HETATM 2123 Mg+ Mg+ A 502 45.408 19.600 12.379 1.00 5.17 MG

tleap recognizes it correctly, but when it comes time to output a prmtop and crd file it says it does not have parameters for this.
For atom: .R<Mg+ 317>.A<Mg+ 1> Could not find type: Mg+

If I rename the atom or residue name to any of the following, MG, MG2 etc.
leap does either not recognize the unit, or it adds a missing heavy atom.

In the top of my tleap script I am sourcing these files
source leaprc.ff10
loadAmberParams frcmod.tip4pew
loadAmberParams frcmod.ionsjc_tip4pew

Any suggestions?