Re: [AMBER] Question related to the B factor

From: Adrian Roitberg <roitberg.ufl.edu>
Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2012 12:54:20 -0500

Dear Sindrila

Please try to look at previous answers to this same question in the
amber mail list, there are tons of those available. Google it if needed,
and perhaps more importantly, read the manual. Page 115 in the
Ambertools manual says

"Note that RMS fitting is not done implicitly. If you want fluctuations
without rotations or translations (for example to the average
structure), perform an RMS fit to the average structure (best) or the
first structure (see rms) prior to this calculation."

Adrian

On 1/16/12 12:43 PM, Sindrila Dutta banik wrote:
> How could I understand the translation of the system across the box. If I want to ignore the translational motion of the protein and compute the B factor then how to do this. Shall I have to change the script file which I am using now. A present I use the following script file
>
> trajin MD.mdcrd
> atomfluc out BF.rms byatom .CA bfactor
>
> With best regards

                            Dr. Adrian E. Roitberg
                                  Professor
                Quantum Theory Project, Department of Chemistry
                            University of Florida
                              roitberg.ufl.edu