Re: [AMBER] antechamber parameter file issues?

From: FyD <fyd.q4md-forcefieldtools.org>
Date: Sun, 15 Jan 2012 11:31:38 +0100

Dear Dr Case,

The problem of threshold in geometry optimization & charge
reproducibility was defined in R.E.D. version I in 2002/2003 and
reported at Anaheim in 2004 -
http://oasys2.confex.com/acs/227nm/techprogram/P705829.HTM - but
related to the Gaussian & GAMESS programs.

In short, geometry optimization always use Opt=Tight in Gaussian (4
criteria of convergence) and OPTTOL=1.0E-06 in GAMESS (2 criteria of
convergence) - SCF convergence 10-8, while SCF convergence is set to
10-6 for bio-organic molecules in MEP computation. In these conditions
the reproducibility of charge value achieved is ~1.10-4 e.
See also the section "Limitations of the strategy presented" at:

regards, Francois