[AMBER] strip water and save new trajectory

From: Hirdesh Kumar <hirdesh.iitd.gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 14 Jan 2012 19:57:49 +0530

Hi All,
I am trying to reduce my trajectory size so that I can visualize the same
using VMD. I tried following steps:

1) Striping of water from trajectories

trajin prod.mdcrd 1 500 1
trajout traj_no_wat.mdcrd mdcrd
strip :WAT
strip :Cl-

2) New Topology File generation:
.rst file from production run --> use of ambpdb command to generate the pdb
file --> striping of water and ions from the generated pdb file
(protein-ligand complex only)

3) use of tleap to generate new topology ( prod_nowat.prmtop) file for the
ion and water stripped complex. The new files are successfully geneated
without any error.

Now I am trying to visualize the no_wat.mdcrd and prod_nowat.prmtop in VMD.
I am getting unusual bonds in the structures. Please suggest me the
correction required??

Thanks

Hirdesh