[AMBER] water molecules within a distance cutoff; ptraj analysis

From: kanika singal <singalkanika1.gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 14 Jan 2012 13:27:14 +0530

Dear AmberUsers,

I am doing a metal protein simulation. I want to calculate the number of
water molecules present within a distance cutoff of the Zn ion. I guess for
this i should use hbond analysis from ptraj. However, in hbond analysis,
the acceptor mask requires a heavy atom and a hydrogen atom. In my case,
the Zn ion does not have a hydrogen bonded to it and as a result ptraj is
showing error with the mask. How do I specify the details. I have seen a
lot of papers, wherein one calculates the water molecules ard the metal
ion. How are such calculations done??

Should i consider the metal ion as a donor. Would that be wrong.

Any help would be highly appreciated.

Thanks & Regards,
Kanika